Amy Wall, Owner
45060 Ukiah Street Suite A
Mendocino California 95460
Oh my…I’m such a slacker! I have had Amy’s answers in my Inbox for almost
two three weeks…
I met Amy through a mutual friend about three years ago. My friend and I were late and I’m sure we had made the most fabulous first impression.
In the past three years she has been so supportive of my business, giving me all sorts of advice and lifting me up when I needed it. For this I will forever be indebted to her. And yet, I still managed to NOT post her Q&A in a timely manner…
And now, without further ado…
Amy Wall, owner and operator of Mendocino Beauty
1. Tell us a bit about yourself and your company?
I am local girl who loves making people feel special and beautiful.
2. How did you get into all things beauty ?
I am from the Hospitality industry originally, and thought to myself “what would be a good addition to Mendocino?” . The answer was something in the wedding and beauty business which fit perfectly with my love of all things pretty and sparkly! I am a licensed Esthetician and make local women’s skin glow during the week,and then get to play with Brides during the weekend. It is a dream job!
3. What is your favorite part of the Wedding day/preparation/process?
The moment my Bride looks at her finished hair and makeup in the mirror
4. What is the most awkward moment you’ve experience while on the job?
It happened last week when I mentioned to a Bride how I couldn’t wait for a certain trend to pass…whoops!
5. What is your favorite venue, and why?
Our business is not usually involved in a venue as we are part of the getting ready process, but for sheer beauty and drama, I love the Spring Ranch Barn.
6. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned, and would pass along to other Esthetician just getting
The biggest lesson for me is that in a creative job, administration and organization are the key to success
7. If you could travel to any city in the world purely for the food, where would you go?
I am yearning to go to Italy. For the food of course, but also for the scenery, artianship, history and people.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
San Francisco, for every reason!
9. If you weren’t an Esthetician , what would you do/be?
I would be a writer or a an interior decorator.
And last but not least…
10. Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla! It’s versatile enough to to be a different every time you eat it depending on what you add to it.